Murphy Hall is located at the south end of campus, near Easton and Brubaker Halls and Spruance Fine Arts Center.
Murphy Hall pre-dates the Castle as one of the original estate buildings on campus. This building was the stable. It now houses Stiteler Auditorium; Mitchell Art Studios; Video Production Studio; Digital Imaging Studio; the offices of the Art and Design, Music and Communications departments.
Murphy Hall Highlights
- Stiteler Auditorium is used for large group gatherings, special lectures, concerts and dance recitals. It seats 440 persons.
- Murphy Hall houses art studios for graphic design, 3-D design, metals and jewelry, ceramics, and photography. A Macintosh Computer Graphics lab is located here. This building holds sculpture and scientific illustration classes as well.
- A Communications Laboratory houses lighting, sound, taping, and editing equipment. There is a video production studios for on-line and off-line editing. It also houses the student/faculty operated cable station.
- More about Art and Design program.
- More about Communications program.
- More about Music program.