Global Information Services:
Information Technology & Library Services
Access the World from On Campus or Online
Arcadia University students have everywhere access to the Web through a network that makes the entire campus a Wi-Fi hot spot. Combined with a host of new web-based teaching and learning tools, students can use Arcadia’s wireless campus as a key platform for their coursework and their extracurricular learning.With more than 100 programs around the world, Arcadia will increasingly rely on web-based tools and access to connect students and faculty—wherever they are.
With Arcadia’s online learning and high-tech campus, you can...
- Video conference with classmates and faculty.
- Create e-portfolios.
- Social network with classmates who are studying abroad.
- Collaborate with classmates and faculty on group projects—no matter what country they’re in.
- Use synchronous tools (video, audio, desktop sharing) with students and faculty around the world using Wimba Live Classroom.
- Research subjects in virtual “Research Rooms” on the Library Web site.
- Access the MyArcadia campus portal for courses, online discussions and student activities.
Arcadia University's Landman Library furthers the University's global mission by offering students and faculty state-of-the-art technology for collaborative education and access to learning partners both on campus and around the globe. The facility features a grand reading room with comfortable seating and large windows overlooking the campus, technology-enhanced study and learning areas for group collaboration, a multimedia area, quiet carrels for private study and the University Archives.