Public Safety Services and Policies
The Public Safety Department will provide escorts services from one building to another and to and from the parking areas upon request of any member of the community.
To get an escort, contact Public Safety:
- Call 2900 from a campus phone.
- Dial "O" for the operator from a campus phone.
- Use a call box, located throughout many of our parking lots.
- Dial 215-572-2900 from a cell phone or off-campus phone.
Safety Hints—Protect Yourself
- When walking after dark, keep to the lighted walkways.
- Avoid areas where shrubbery may conceal someone.
- Do not walk alone at night or in the early morning hours—take advantage of the Campus Escort Service during these times.
- If you notice someone or something suspicious in the parking lots, on campus, or in a resident hall, or if you want an unruly guest escorted from campus, or if you need to report a fire/hazardous condition, call Public Safety at 215-572-2999.
- When leaving your car, be sure to take your keys, removable valuables and lock your car doors.
- Never leave anything valuable in plain view—lock items in your trunk.
- Use the “Club,” or any other security device.
- Have your keys in your hand as you approach your vehicle. Always check the back
- seat before getting in.
- Lock your vehicle as soon as you get in.
The Public Safety Department issues photo ID cards to full-time and part-time students and employees indicating their affiliation with Arcadia University. Students and employees must show their ID cards to enter residence halls, borrow books from the Landman Library, and to use the facilities and equipment in the Kuch Recreation center.
Parking on Campus
All vehicles to be parked on campus or on campus-owned lots must be registered with Public Safety, where a parking permit will be issued. This permit must be displayed as instructed. Vehicles without current permits will receive a parking violation citation. All students, faculty and staff are expected to observe campus parking and traffic regulations and posted speed limits. Copies of the Parking and Traffic Regulations brochure are available in the Public Safety Office and the Office of Human Resources.
Note: Fire zones and parking spaces for the disabled are under the jurisdiction of the Fire Marshall and the Cheltenham Township Police, who frequently patrol campus and issue tickets to illegally parked cars.
Compliance with Federal, State, and Local Laws
All members of the campus community are expected to comply with federal, state and local laws, including those that regulate the possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, and weapons. In addition, the sale, possession, production, purchase or use of any explosives, fireworks, incendiary devices or weapons on University property is also a violation of University policy and may result in immediate dismissal. All community members are encouraged to report immediately any crime, emergency, accident or suspicious individuals to the Department of public Safety.
A distinctively global, integrative and personal learning experience.
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038