Study Abroad at the University of Aberdeen
- Founded in 1495, Aberdeen is one of Scotland's premier teaching and research institutions.
- Study abroad at the University of Aberdeen offers students a unique location on the northeast coast, providing proximity to breathtaking scenery.
- It is ideal for the academically-oriented student who wants a distinctive experience combined with outdoor activities.
Since the University of Aberdeen is a little off the beaten track geographically speaking, you can benefit from living in an environment that is truly Scottish. The University, located on the outskirts of the city, retains the feel of a small village in spite of its 13,000 students.
The University conducts internationally significant research across a variety of fields including medicine, oil exploration and technology, marine and fisheries science, environmental management and planning, biological sciences, and Scottish and Irish studies. You'll find everything from animal health and welfare to sports and leisure management, as well as courses in Scottish history and culture. Philosophy, English, Celtic and divinity studies are also popular course choices.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 15 credits.
- Academic year: 30 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You are required to submit a second academic reference. Both references should be within your intended area of study. Please download the R-Form, or you may have your reference send a letter on the letterhead of his/her institution.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: April 20
- Spring semester: October 15
- Academic year: April 20