Study Abroad at Bangor University
"The Arcadia program at Bangor University in Wales turned out to be exactly what I was looking for...Studying in Wales gave me the opportunity to study in English and learn Welsh in a stunningly beautiful environment."
-Leslie Lube, Southwestern University student who studied at Bangor with Arcadia
- Bangor University is located between the snow-capped mountains of Snowdonia and the rugged, beautiful coastline of North Wales.
- Study abroad at Bangor University offers a low cost of living, a pollution-free environment and a thriving Students' Union.
- A campus with a population of 8,000, Bangor University is ideal for independent students who are adventurous and stand out from the crowd.
Bangor has strengths in music, psychology, religious studies, forestry and biology. In particular, Bangor's marine science programs and coastal location attracts students who want hands-on research experience. In the spring, you can take advantage of Bangor's ocean-going research vessel and the marine research center on the Isle of Anglesey. Bangor provides a flexible academic approach in which you will be able to take courses across the curriculum.
14% of the student body speaks Welsh as their first language. A challenging language to learn, you can enroll in classes in beginning Welsh, enhancing your study abroad time in Wales and winning you many friends among the local population.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following semester hours of credit.
- Fall term: 12 credits.
- Spring semester: 15 credits.
- Academic year: 30 credits.
GPA Requirements: 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale; 3.0 for Psychology.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall: April 20
- Spring: October 15
- Academic year: April 20