Study Abroad at University College Cork
- Be inspired by the history, beauty and culture of the city of Cork with its hilly streets and the river Lee.
- University College Cork is a stunning campus that combines a gothic revival style main Quadrangle building with modern student amenities, classroom buildings and laboratories.
- Early Start programs for international students at Cork complement the fall semester and involve extensive fieldwork.
There are many unique academic opportunities and course offerings available at Cork. Traditional Irish dance and music, folklore, and literature are available along with offerings in business, economics, and environmental science. Music is a particular strength at Cork and students with minimal experience are welcome to take courses on traditional Irish music while those with more extensive experience can perform in groups in musical genres as diverse as jazz, African music and Southeast Asian music.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit.
- Early Start program: 4 credits.
- Fall and spring semester: 15 credits.
- Academic year: 30 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall Semester: April 20
- Spring Semester: October 15
- Academic Year: April 20
- Early Start Program: April 20