Arcadia Edinburgh Internship Program
- This dynamic experiential learning opportunity combines professional work experience with strong academic courses from Edinburgh Napier University.
- Exciting placements of about 15 hours a week, bring you into the heart of Scottish industry and identity. Example opportunities include creative arts, sports, luxury goods, tourism, cultural or historical sites, and non-profits.
- Be part of Scottish life – its landscape, culture and people.
Work and study both in and outside the classroom as you boost your resume, experience life with the Scots and earn academic credit at a leading, international university. This program gives you a well-rounded resume-ready experience and 14 academic credits:
- One 4-credit internship course - taught by expert faculty, with opportunities for research, reflective activity and the development of transferable professional skills through the embedded work placement.
- Placements in Scotland’s knowledge-driven economy. Potential placements include an historic house, a government cultural archive, and a private archaeological company.
- Two 5-credit courses at Edinburgh Napier University – choose from a large variety of disciplines allowing you to enhance your academic program, develop skills in your placement industry, or take a course in Scottish history and culture.
- Edinburgh is an international hub - a knowledge-intensive city that drives growth, a world influencer in science, business, education and the arts with an unbeatable quality of life – and a perfect place to explore the intersection of your professional aspirations and academic preparation.
- Engage with the culture - Enjoy a range of co-curricular activities organized by the Arcadia Edinburgh Center staff to deepen your involvement and appreciation of the rich and unique Scottish culture, landscapes and people.
You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall semester: 14 credits.
- Spring semester: 14 credits.
GPA Requirements: 2.75 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
All internship applicants should submit the following documents in addition to the general application: a current résumé, an internship interest statement and an internship personal reference. These forms are available through your Arcadia Passport.
- Spring: October 1
- Fall: April 1
The program fee for Spring 2015 is $16,250.
Note: The program fee includes tuition, housing, program activities, student services and health and accident insurance. It does not include airfare, meals or personal expenses. For complete fee and policy information please see the fee section of the website.