Study Abroad at Lancaster University
- Lancaster University is located on the northwest coast of England and set in 250 acres of parkland.
- It is a truly self-contained campus experience for 10,000 students, with an emphasis on community through residential college life.
- Lancaster University offers many academic strengths in an excellent location, near the sea and some of England's most picturesque countryside.
This text will be replaced
Learn more about Lancaster
Lancaster has an excellent English department with one of the few creative writing departments in the UK. Courses in the sciences are also strong as are women's studies, religious studies and education. Another unique focus is Peace Studies.
The University also offers a pre-session program before the start of the fall semester. The pre-sessions will enable you to earn extra credit as well as give you a head start on your study abroad experience.
The University is about three miles from the city of Lancaster and about five miles from the seaside resort of Morecambe. Dominated by a 900-year-old castle and bisected by the River Lune, the city offers plenty of activities and a nightlife that centers around the University's Student Union in the heart of the city.
Both the University and Lancaster are best suited to students who want to 'get away from it all' and who would welcome the chance to explore the more rural and natural landscapes of Great Britain.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Pre-session: 4 credits.
- Fall term: 12 credits.
- Spring two terms: 18-24 credits.
- Academic year: 30-32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: April 20
- Spring semester: October 15
- Academic year: April 20