Summer Study Abroad in Lecce, Italy
- Study abroad in Lecce provides a unique program in southern Italy for students at all levels of Italian language study, from beginner to advanced.
- The program is based at the Centro Linguistico di Ateneo at the Università del Salento in Lecce.
- Language and culture studies are supported by an afternoon "learning lab" emphasizing aspects of local culture through crafts, dance, folk traditions and excursions.
- There are three, four-week sessions from which to choose, offering six credits per session; students may take back-to-back sessions.
- A semester program is also available.
The program combines formal morning classes in Italian language and culture with an array of afternoon activities to choose from, all of which are taught in Italian. Each activity focuses on the traditional art forms and crafts of the region. Weekly excursions will take students throughout the beautiful Salentine peninsula, providing a variety of opportunities to experience the distinct cultural traditions of the region and to interact with local residents.
Each month-long program is worth 6 semester hours of credit.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.