Study Abroad at Macquarie University
- Macquarie University offers a spacious and lush campus, which provides an excellent balance between academic and social pursuits.
- A diverse multicultural environment, Macquarie University has 26,000 students, over 6,000 of whom are international.
- Downtown Sydney is just 45 minutes away.
Located in suburban Sydney, within commuting distance of the Central Business District, Macquarie's strong Faculty of Arts enjoys particular renown in psychology, linguistics, media related units, art history, anthropology and Australian and Aboriginal studies. Courses in Accounting and Finance are also popular and are strengthened by the presence of the Graduate Accounting and Finance Centre. In the Faculty of Education, the University provides study abroad students with the opportunity to enroll in studies in Early Childhood Education. Students interested in the study of religion may find courses offered by the Macquarie Christian Institute of Studies to be of particular interest.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 16 credits.
- Academic year: 32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall: March 15
- Spring: November 15
CRICOS Provider Number: 00002J