Study Abroad at National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Study abroad at National University of Ireland Maynooth offers renowned programs in science and engineering, along with excellence in the humanities.
- Maynooth provides the rich culture of an Irish town located within easy commutable distance to Dublin.
- National University of Ireland Maynooth is one of Ireland's leading and fastest-growing institutions of higher education.
- It traces its origins to the founding of St. Patrick's College in 1795, with a tradition of international education.
NUI Maynooth has extensive course offerings in its three faculties: the Faculty of Art, Celtic Studies and Philosophy; the Faculty of Social Sciences, and the Faculty of Science and Engineering, and can accommodate students from a wide range of majors. Students may chose courses from among the NUIM offerings. The course credit offered by each department may vary, so students can expect to enroll in as little as 5 or as many as 8 courses for a full course load, earning 15 semester hours of credit.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You can expect to earn the following semester hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 15 credits.
- Academic year: 30 credits.
Please Note: Fall semester-only students are assessed in mid December, but full year students are required to take their first semester exams in January.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall Semester: April 20
- Spring Semester: October 15
- Academic Year: April 20