Study Abroad at the University of Queensland
"My Brisbane study abroad was the most life changing event I've experienced. The clean, beautiful and rightfully protected wildlife was simply breathtaking every single day, rain or shine. Personally, I had the academic growth and challenge that I've been searching for at the University of Queensland. The Australia staff was more helpful than any other professionals I have encountered and more friendly too! Australia was an experience that I would love to live again and again."
- Rebecka Schafer, Arcadia University student, University of Queensland
- University of Queensland is a research university of more than 35,000 students.
- It affords a large, green, open campus located on the Brisbane River.
- It is an excellent base for your study abroad experience.
- Special course options are available for Pre-Med students.
- Other special opportunities include: an Art Internship and Independent Research (more info); a particular academic Strength in Sport Science (read about an Arcadia participant's experience here); and a course in Olympic Movement and Society (more info).
Located about five miles outside the center of Brisbane, UQ is a world leader in bio-technology, marine science, and engineering and offers a wide range of courses related to Australia in English, history, political science and sociology. You'll find advanced research laboratories, inspiring academics, and a campus culture that is conducive to academic debate and discovery. Outside of the classroom, hundreds of clubs and societies and modern accommodation options will further enhance the academic and cultural learning that takes place while you are abroad.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 16 credits.
- Academic year: 32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: March 15
- Spring semester: November 15
- Academic year: March 15
CRICOS Provider Number: 00025B