Study Abroad at the University of Stirling
- The University of Stirling was built around tranquil Airthrey Loch at the base of the Trossach hills.
- Study abroad at the University of Stirling offers flexible academic programs on a beautifully landscaped, modern and compact campus.
- The university has a strong academic reputation and research standards.
The University of Stirling offers you a pastoral campus setting filled with ducks, swans and plenty of flowering shrubs in the spring. The 310-acre, park-like location is only a short bus ride away from the town of Stirling. The University of Stirling was named Scottish University of the Year for 2009-10 by the Sunday Times newspaper, for excellence in teaching and student experience.
Courses in the environmental sciences, ecology, and environmental education, marine biology and marine science, as well as in Scottish studies, film and media studies, communication and psychology are popular among students. In fact, psychology has earned a rating of "excellence" in recent (RTE) rankings. Taking advantage of outstanding sports facilities the university offers courses in sports studies and exercise science.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 15 credits.
- Academic year: 30 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: April 20
- Spring semester: October 15
- Academic year: April 20