Study Abroad with Arcadia in Istanbul
Kadir Has University
- Arcadia in Istanbul is an innovative program in the heart of the captivating city of Istanbul, where East meets West.
- Courses are taught in English at one of Turkey's most respected educational and cultural institutions, Kadir Has University.
- Study abroad with Arcadia in Istanbul provides a unique and exclusive academic and cultural partnership, with students taking classes on an award-winning campus.
- Experience a fully integrated program, where Turkish and international students study side-by-side, and Arcadia students have full access to all university amenities.
- Choose courses from the faculties of Engineering, Arts and Science, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication or Fine Arts.
For those who seek to explore new worlds, Turkey is the gateway to start the journey! Based in a captivating, cosmopolitan city where East literally meets West, Arcadia in Istanbul offers an unprecedented opportunity for academic and personal discovery.
The Arcadia in Istanbul program was established in direct collaboration with Kadir Has University, a leader in research and innovative instruction with an international perspective. The university is located in one of the most historically rich areas of the city, along the harbor inlet called the Golden Horn.
American students will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with the university and general community. All courses are taught in classrooms of Kadir Has University, and many will have both Arcadia and university students taking them. Students will enroll in 5 to 6 courses, and earn 3 semester hours of credit per course.
Students will live in Cihangir, in shared apartments a short commute from the campus, where they can prepare their own meals. Recently named as one of the top five places to live in the world by The Guardian newspaper, Cihangir is a quaint, historic neighborhood with all modern amenities and a charming old world atmosphere.
The co-curricular program in Istanbul is designed to engage all students in the community in a variety of enriching activities and experiences, with the possibility of earning a Co-Curricular Learning Certificate. Options vary by semester.
Mediterranean Studies Certificate
Participants in this program are eligible for The College of Global Studies' Mediterranean Studies Certificate.
- Fall and spring semester: 16-19 credits.
- Academic year: 32-38 credits.
GPA Requirement: 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall and Full Year: April 20
- Spring: October 15