Study Abroad at University College Dublin
- University College Dublin (UCD) combines the excitement of living in Dublin with the convenience of studying at a suburban campus.
- Over 24,000 students on a 300-acre site located only 3 miles from the center of Dublin makes UCD the largest of Ireland's universities.
- UCD Quinn School of Business is rated one of the best business schools in Europe. It is accredited in Europe through EQUIS and in the US through AACSB.
- UCD can accommodate a wide range of majors and is recognized for its strengths in the humanities, business, science and engineering.
Located in the suburbs of Ireland's capital city, UCD is the largest of the colleges which form the National University of Ireland.
UCD's spacious and convenient location encourages vibrant campus life and offers easy access to nearby attractions and the city center. With a semester calendar, you’ll finish your studies in time to be home for the holidays during the fall semester and for the start of summer vacation during the spring semester.
At UCD, there are 2 options for selecting classes. Option one is to take all of your classes within one college (for example, the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Human Sciences). Option two is to take the majority of your classes within a primary college and one or two classes from another college (for example, a College of Science student may select to take one class within the College of Arts and another class within the Quinn School of Business). The selection of UCD colleges includes:
- Arts, Celtic Studies and Human Sciences
- Quinn School of Business
- Engineering and Architecture
- Agriculture, Food Science and Nutrition
Some of the subjects you can choose from include architecture, history, English literature, languages, politics, economics, geography, music, philosophy, biology, chemistry, physics and engineering. Typically students will take six courses per semester earning 15 semester hours of credit.
At the Quinn School of Business you’ll have access to more than 60 second and third year courses in business, along with a required course on Irish culture and history, designed specifically for study abroad students. Classes taken from the Quinn School of Business are weighted at three American credits each.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 14.5 to 17 credits.
- Academic year: 29 to 34 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: April 20
- Spring semester: October 15
- Academic year: April 20