Study Abroad at University of Westminster
- University of Westminster is one of the largest universities in the UK, with 20,000 students on four campuses.
- It is strong in communications and the creative arts.
- It offers modern and superior facilities in Media, Film and TV and Art and Design.
Westminster's School of Communication and Creative Industries is considered one of the largest, best-equipped and most prestigious centers of learning in the United Kingdom for studies in art and design, photography, fashion, film, music, journalism and media.
There are also courses in the biomedical and health sciences, psychology, visual culture and e-commerce. Emphasis is placed on group work and team projects, and the development of strong leadership and communication skills. Above all, Westminster is an institution that values the development of transferable and applied skills. If you prefer an obvious link between your academic study and the development of real world aptitudes, consider Westminster.
The University has three campuses situated in the West End of London and one campus at Harrow, home to its School of Communications and Creative Industries and about an hour’s tube ride from the center of London. Housing is available in a range of University Halls of Residence across London.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 16 credits.
- Academic year: 32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale. The Harrow School requires a 3.0 GPA.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester or Full Year: April 10
- Spring semester: October 1