Arcadia Freshman Fall in London
Arcadia University program dates are set in accordance with the overseas institution’s academic calendar and the Arcadia University mandatory orientation dates. Accepted students can book their travel according to the dates listed below. Students will be notified on the rare occasion of a change to the program calendar.
Orientation in London
The first week in London will help the students adapt to living in another country, feel comfortable in their new surroundings, learn about university academics, participate in social activities, and connect with the professional staff within the London Study Center.
(Fall 2014 dates TBD)
|Parent Orientation Webinar (Online)
||June 24, 2013
|Mandatory Student Predeparture Orientation Webinar (Online)
||August 26, 2013 (1:00 pm tentative start time)
|Depart from U.S.
||September 8, 2013
|Arrive in London
|Hamilton Advisor Visit
Student Travel Information - Booking Your Flight
Arcadia University attempts to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. All students are responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flight. All students are required to in be attendance for the entirety of their Arcadia orientation, which begins on the posted program arrival date.
Arcadia University is offering a Group Flight
for the Fall 2013 Hamilton Freshman Fall in London program through our travel partner Student Universe
. The group flight is optional; if you would prefer to make your own travel arrangements, please be sure to follow the instructions below to ensure that you are able to connect with Arcadia in-country staff on the program arrival date. If you have any questions about booking your overseas travel, please contact Arcadia’s Student Safety Officer, Rich Conroy, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Do not book a flight which connects through the Republic of Ireland. You will not be able to obtain proper immigration clearances if you travel to the United Kingdom through the Republic of Ireland. Failure to secure the proper passport stamp may affect your ability to remain in country for the duration of your time abroad.
When Can I Arrive in England?
Students studying for 6 months or less who enter on a Student Visitor Visa
will be permitted a total stay of 6 months in the United Kingdom. You are able to arrive early to the UK and/or stay in the UK after your program concludes as long as your total time in the UK does not exceed 6 months
What to Expect When I Arrive in England?
When booking your flight, please keep the following in mind:
- Students who arrive at London Heathrow airport by 11:00 am on the scheduled arrival date will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to their orientation accommodation. For most trans-Atlantic flights, this means that you will need to depart the US the evening before. Transportation will depart Heathrow airport at various times throughout the morning. Final transportation will depart at 12:30 pm.
- All students are expected to check into their housing no later than 1:00 pm on the program start date. Attendance is mandatory for your local orientation in London.
- Students are responsible for arranging transportation to the airport at the conclusion of the program.
- Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
- If you choose to arrive early, all transportation and accommodation arrangements will be your responsibility until the scheduled arrival date for your program. Similarly, accommodation costs will be your responsibility should you choose to stay in England after the program concludes.
- In the event that your flight arrival is delayed past 11:00 am, or you do not arrive at London Heathrow airport on your scheduled arrival date, or if you miss the group transportation for any reason, you will need to proceed to your orientation accommodation independently and at your own expense.
- Our staff will provide you with detailed arrival instructions for this purpose.
- Once you have made your booking, you are required to complete the Online Flight Form.
Booking Your Travel
- Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings. A group flight has been arranged for this program.
- Booking on the group flight is not required, so you can choose to depart from a more convinient airport or time. However if you do not book on the group flight, please be sure you are arriving within the designated airport pick up times listed above.
- To book your travel, please visit the Student Universe/Arcadia website and choose your appropriate country and program.
Book a flight.