Arcadia London Internship Courses

For students participating in the Arcadia London Summer Internship: click here for summer course information.

Students participating in the Arcadia London Internship program will be in their placements eight hours per day for three days per week. Students must register for a total of 14 to 18 credits which includes a 4-credit required course, INPR 310 Work in Thought and Action, as well as at least one 4-credit course available through Arcadia's London Center. The remainder of your coursework will be made up of Arcadia-taught courses and those offered by select partner universities in London.

INPR 310


+

Arcadia London Courses

LONI INPR 310 Work in Thought and Action

(4 semester hours of credit) 
View complete syllabus

At the center of your internship experience will be an academic project which is usually closely related to the duties you will be performing at your placement. Each intern will work closely with an Academic Project Supervisor as well as the Arcadia staff in the UK to identify an appropriate project. Students will also meet with their supervisor and Arcadia staff throughout the semester to discuss their placement and to monitor progress on the academic project. 

Assessment and credit for this course will be attributed directly to your academic project which consists of 7,500 words as well as an oral examination (viva voce). The three elements of the internship itself—the work placement, the academic project and the final examination—will all contribute toward your final grade. The academic project and examination comprise 70% of the final grade, and the assessment placement accounts for the remaining 30%.