Course Registration Instructions and Form
Arcadia in Athens Center
Special Note: All courses (with the exception of Greek Key courses) are worth 4 credits.
How to Select Your Courses from the Online Listings
Please review all course information for the program in Greece carefully, including course syllabi and descriptions, and the semester the courses is offered, when completing your course selection form.
1. All students are required to enroll in The Greek Key: Experiencing Athens as a Cultural Landscape, which is comprised of two components:
2. All students will also enroll in three (3) elective courses. View list of available courses.
- Each remaining course offered at the Arcadia Center is awarded 4 credits. Students are required to enroll in a total of 18 credits for the semester.
- We suggest that you secure approval for at least six (6) elective courses. Please list them in order of preference on your course form.
- Your first choices may not be available due to schedule changes, time conflicts or cancellations. Flexibility is very important.
The Greek Key: Experiencing Athens as a Cultural Landscape course has two components:
1. Modern Greek Language: The first component is Modern Greek language, in which students are placed at the appropriate level of proficiency. No prior knowledge of Modern Greek is necessary.
Please indicate your proficiency level in Modern Greek when completing your course form. A placement interview may be conducted after arrival. If you have never had any Greek language instruction, please indicate this on your form.
2. Greek Key Seminar: The second component is a cultural seminar which involves a structured service learning activity in a social service or environmentally focused organization accompanied by small group interaction. Fieldbook exercises will help document your insights into the society and people of contemporary Greece.
Making Sure Your Credits Will Transfer Back
It is your responsibility to make sure that you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school and that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit to your home school. While every effort will be made to accommodate your course selections, Arcadia University does not guarantee placement in any course.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call Chris Callas, your program manager, at 1-866-927-2234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.