University College Dublin (UCD)
Preliminary Course Information
The Course Selection Process
- In order to proceed with your application to UCD, you need to submit a preliminary course form (found on Arcadia Passport) on which you need to list your primary UCD college.
- Students enrolling in classes at UCD must take at least four courses within their chosen primary college (for example, Business, Arts, Engineering, etc). One or two additional courses may be selected from outside your primary college. You are permitted to take a full course load within the same college, if desired.
- Please discuss your selection of 6-10 courses with your academic advisor and make sure the courses you plan to take overseas will transfer back to your program.
- Your flexibility in this process is important and we recommend choosing a series of alternate courses should some of your first choices become unavailable due to scheduling changes or prerequisites. While every effort will be made to accommodate your choices, Arcadia University’s College of Global Studies cannot guarantee placement in any specific course.
- If your enrollment in the program is conditional upon entry into specific courses, it is very important that you indicate these requirements at the bottom of the preliminary course form on your Arcadia Passport.
You are required to maintain a full-time course load of 6 courses (equaling 15 American credits) per semester. Quinn School of Business is the only exception to this rule. Since all QSB courses are weighted at 3 American credits, a full course load taken strictly at the Quinn School of Business is five courses.
Navigating the UCD Course Website
When selecting your courses from UCD's website, you should be aware of some differences in terminology. In Ireland a class or course is called a module. For more information on navigating UCD's website, please watch this :50 video below.
Other Important Points
There is a surcharge (special course fee) that is assessed by University College Dublin for coursework completed in science, engineering, or agriculture courses. This surcharge will be added to your account after you register for courses at University College Dublin.
- Arcadia University does not issue pass/fail grades for work completed overseas.
- It is your responsibility to make sure you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school policies and that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit to your home school.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call Amanda Zimmerman, your Senior Program Manager, at 1-866-927-2234, or email email@example.com.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.