Study Abroad at Victorian College of the Arts and Music with Arcadia University

Victorian College of the Arts and Music
Preliminary Course Instructions


  • In order to proceed with your application at the VCA and Music, you will need to propose a preliminary course schedule for your semester. Your course selections should be made in consultation with your academic advisor. If you have not previously done so, please meet with your academic advisor to ensure that the courses that you plan to take overseas will transfer back to your degree program.

  • In addition to your proposed course schedule, we recommend that you choose a series of alternate courses if possible. In some instances, your first choice selections may not be available due to scheduling changes, time conflicts, prerequisites or cancellations.

  • While every effort will be made to accommodate your selections, Arcadia University cannot guarantee placement in any specific course.


You are required to maintain a full-time course load throughout your period of study in Australia. A full-time course load is defined by Arcadia University as 16 U.S. semester hours of credit, this is the equivalent of 50 units at the VCA and Music. Please note that you should also be aware of any credit requirements at your home institution. Refer to the credit translation scale below when selecting your courses:

Australian University Credit Point Units U.S. University Semester Hours of Credit
6.25 2
12.5 4
18.75 6
25 8
31.25 10
34.375 11
37.5 12
43.75 14
50 16

Making Your Course Selections

Please be mindful of the reversed academic year when searching for your courses. Courses listed for Semester I will run from February to June. Courses listed for Semester II will run from July to November.

For a comprehensive list of all courses offered at the VCA and Music and their descriptions, please visit

To view classes, click on the links for 'Performing and visual arts, theatre, film and television' or 'Music' Study Area.



Study Abroad is available for students currently enrolled in Dance, Film and Television, Music, Production and Visual Art degrees.

Students studying abroad at the University of Melbourne and not majoring in an intensive Fine Arts degree may apply to enroll in VCA and Music breadth subjects, which can be found here.

Study Abroad students are not permitted to enroll in courses in Music Theatre and Theatre.


Supplemental Application Materials


For assistance with any part of the application process, call 1-866-927-2234 or contact your program manager with any questions.

Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.