University of Aberdeen
Course Registration Instructions
Academic Year = 120 SCOTCAT credits = 30 semester hour credits
Fall Semester = 60 SCOTCAT credits = 15 semester hour credits
Spring Semester = 60 SCOTCAT credits = 15 semester hour credits
Most students take 3-5 Aberdeen classes per semester.
Courses available to study abroad students are located on the Aberdeen website:
This URL will take you to the "Course Index by Subject," and by selecting a particular subject area, you can view a list of available courses in that topic. You will find Level 1 courses followed by Level 2 & 3 courses as you scroll down. Review the course code, pre-requisites and description.
||Normal Year Taken
|1-4 = second digit in the course
||Level 1 = a Sophomore level course
|code = Fall semester
||Level 2 = a Junior level course
|5-9 = second digit in the course
||Level 3 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
|code = Spring semester
Courses at Aberdeen
Please make sure you read this useful guide to choosing courses at Aberdeen, and familiarize yourself with the contents.
Honours/3rd Year Courses
Admittance into Level 3/Honors- level classes is selective and at the discretion of Aberdeen's departmental tutors upon review of students’ official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two 3rd Year courses per semester.
Level 4 courses are normally not open to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections
Submit the online course registration form to the Arcadia University College of Global Studies through your Arcadia Passport.
List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-screening process at Aberdeen.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- Please note that students enrolled for the fall term will take specially arranged examinations or turn in final assessments before December departures. Fall term students will not be expected to stay for January nor May exams.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Aberdeen.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at the University of Aberdeen.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.