Glasgow School of Art
Course Registration Instructions
Academic Year = 33 semester hour credits (26 studio credits + 7 H & C credits)
Fall semester = 13 semester hour credits (10 studio credits + 3 H & C credits)
Spring two-terms = 20 semester hour credits (16 studio credits + 4 H & C credits)
Areas of Concentration
A list of departments/areas of concentration available to study abroad students at GSA can be found on the following website: http://www.gsa.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-degrees/.
- The GSA does not offer courses in the traditional sense. You will instead apply to a specific department, such as Painting, Illustration, etc., and a committee at GSA will review your application and portfolio for admittance into that department.
- The majority of students spend 26 to 32 hours per week in the studio. Historical and Critical Studies (H & C) courses are also an essential component of all undergraduate programs in the Schools of Design and Fine Art; however, they are not a part of the Architecture program. These courses average between four and eight hours per week. Private study time is additional.
- Upon acceptance, you will be assigned a focus area and year of study, and you will complete projects solely in that particular area.
- Cross-registration is not allowed among different subject areas and you cannot take classes in multiple departments (for example, photography and sculpture).
- Year 1 is considered equivalent to a Sophomore level course, Year 2 a Junior level, and Year 3 a Junior/Senior level. Year 4 studies are not available for study abroad students since they require all three years of prior attendance at the GSA.
Making Your Course Selections
Submit the online course registration form to the Arcadia University College of Global Studies through your Arcadia Passport.
List all course choices and alternates in order of preference (i.e. Fine Art - Photography, Painting and Printmaking, etc.). Enter "GSAXXXX" as the course code for all areas.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school
- Registering for a full academic load
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.