University of St Andrews
Course Registration Instructions
Academic Year = 120 St Andrews credits = 30 semester hour credits
Fall Semester = 60 St Andrews credits = 15 Semester Hour Credits
Spring semester = 60 St Andrews credits = 15 semester hour credits
Most students take 2 to 4 St Andrews classes per semester.
Courses available to study abroad students are located on the St Andrews website:
This URL will take you to a page with a link to the Undergraduate Course Catalog.
Courses are presented by School and there are separate links for 1000/2000-level courses and Honors-level courses in each area.
Clicking on these links will take you to a page describing that School and its degree requirements, as well as the course duration, year of study, requirements, credit load, and brief descriptions for particular classes.
Please note that you will need to scroll down to view particular course descriptions.
||Normal Year Taken
|Semester One = Fall Semester
||1st Year = a Sophomore level course
|Semester Two = Spring Semester
||2nd Year = a Junior level course
|Full Year = Academic Year
||3rd Year = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
Admittance into 3rd Year/ Honors- level classes is selective and at the discretion of St Andrews' departmental tutors upon review of students’ official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two 3rd Year courses per semester.
4th Year courses are not open to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections
Submit the online course registration form to the Arcadia University College of Global Studies through your Arcadia Passport.
List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at St Andrews.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or St Andrews.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at the University of St Andrews.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.