Arcadia in Granada
Course Registration Instructions and Form
How to Select Your Courses from the Online Listings
Students do not need previous Spanish study to enroll in this program. It is essential to contact your program manager as early as possible with regard to your academic goals in order to determine which course level is appropriate for you. Final course enrollment will be confirmed after your placement exam during orientation in Granada.
Please note that if your placement level is beginner or intermediate, you will be required to take two courses in Spanish language.
Students enrolled in more than TWO courses at the Spanish Language Study Centro de Lenguas Modernas (CLM) will be charged a course fee.
Optional Pre-Session in Intensive Spanish Language
- Students who wish to advance their level of Spanish proficiency prior to the start of the semester may enroll in an intensive one-month, three-credit Spanish course upon arrival at an additional cost. The calendar for this option differs from the regular semester calendar. More information.
Spanish Language Study at Centro de Lenguas Modernas (CLM)
- Spanish language study at the University of Granada is customized for the student and to integrate successfully with the student’s language goals and class schedules. Students may enroll in an optional, intensive three-credit pre-session prior to the semester.
- This intensive option, Spanish as a Foreign Language, is also offered during the semester for four credits to those students who are taking the bulk of their courses in Environmental Studies. Please note that students do not need to enroll in the pre-session in order to take this option during the semester.
- Students taking the majority of their courses at the CLM in Spanish language, culture and other subjects would opt for the three-credit semester Spanish course. Students at the beginner and intermediate levels are also required to take a Spanish grammar course.
- You should consult with your program manager when you apply to determine which option will work best for your particular needs and objectives.
- All students can choose from courses in Spanish language, culture, art, history, politics, economics, business, music, geography and other disciplines.
- Additionally any student can choose one or more classes from Arcadia’s exclusive programs in Environmental Studies.
Making Sure Your Credits Will Transfer Back
It is your responsibility to make sure that you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school and that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit to your home school. While every effort will be made to accommodate your course selections, Arcadia University does not guarantee placement in any course. You will formally register for courses upon arrival to the University of Granada.
We suggest that you secure approval for at least 6-8 courses per semester. Make sure to list alternate courses. List your choices and alternates in order of interest. Your first choices may not be available due to schedule changes, time conflicts or cancellations. Flexibility is very important.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call Francisco Guiller, your program manager, at 1-866-927-2234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.