Course Registration Instructions and Form
Academic Year = 120 Bangor credits = 30 semester hour credits
Fall term = 60 Bangor credits = 12 semester hour credits
Spring Semester = 60 Bangor credits = 15 semester hour credits
Most students take 3 to 6 Bangor classes per semester.
Bangor University courses available to study abroad students are at
This will take you to the Gazettes On-Line page, Bangor's on-line course catalogue. This page gives you several search options:
- The most relevant option is "View all modules run by a department."
- Scroll down the pull-down menu to locate the department. It is possible to cross-register among different departments.
- Be careful not to select "View all courses" in a department as this will only provide a list of majors and not specific courses available.
- You can further narrow your search by selecting first-, second-, or third-year modules.
- Clicking on View will bring up a list of courses.
||Normal Year Taken
|Semester One = Fall Semester
||Year 1 = a Sophomore level course
|Semester Two = Spring Semester
||Year 2 = a Junior level course
|Full Year = Academic Year
||Year 3 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
Admittance into Level 3/ Honors- level classes is selective and at the discretion of Bangor's departmental tutors upon review of students' official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two Year 3 courses per semester.
Year 4 and 5 courses are not open to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections/Course Registration Form
You will need to submit the course registration form on your Arcadia Passport. List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Bangor.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Bangor.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at Bangor University.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.