Course Registration Instructions and Form
Fall Term + Pre-session = 70 Swansea credits = 14.5 semester hour credits
Spring Semester + Pre-session = 70 Swansea credits = 17.5 semester hour credits
Academic Year + Pre-session = 130 Swansea credits = 32.5 semester hour credits
Most students take 3 to 6 Swansea classes per semester.
Swansea University courses available to study abroad students are at
- This will take you to the Module Catalogue page, which has a list of all of the departments at Swansea.
- Select a department from the pull-down menu, select the appropriate academic year, and then click the Search box at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a list of the available modules (courses) during the selected academic year. It is possible to cross-register among different departments. The courses are arranged according to level.
- Each title is a link that will bring up a short course description which includes the teaching method, assessment method, credits, prerequisites, level, and when the course is taught.
||Normal Year Taken
|TB1 = Fall Semester
||Level 1 = a Sophomore level course
|TB2 = Spring Semester
||Level 2 = a Junior level course
|TB1 + TB2 = Academic Year
||Level 3 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
All Arcadia students are required to participate in the pre-session course AMX315/AMX316 British Politics and Culture since 1945. This class is designed exclusively for study abroad students and aims to give students an introduction to major themes, events, and personalities which have shaped social, cultural and political development in the United Kingdom since the end of World War II. Relevant co-curricular trips are included.
AMX315/316 is worth 10 Swansea credits (2.5 semester hour credits). Fall students will earn 2.5 semester hours of credit for the pre-session plus 12 semester hours during the fall term for a total of 14.5 semester hours of credit. Spring students will earn 2.5 semester hours of credit for the pre-session plus 15 semester hours during the spring semester for a total of 17.5 semester hours of credit.
Admittance into Level 3/ Honors- level classes is selective and at the discretion of Swansea's departmental tutors upon review of students’ official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two Level 3 courses per semester.
Level M courses are not open to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections
You will need to submit a course registration form using your Arcadia Passport.
List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Swansea.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
Because of exam scheduling, fall semester students will not be able to take classes in the following departments:
- Computer Sciences
Additionally, visiting students are not permitted to take the following subjects during any portion of the academic year:
- Biological Sciences
- Sports Science
No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Swansea. Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at Swansea University.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.