SOAS Housing Information
Return to England Housing Information Page
All students are guaranteed to receive housing either in SOAS accommodation or in Arcadia University student housing. The preferred SOAS housing for Arcadia students is Dinwiddy House, but should Dinwiddy House be unavailable, students will be placed in Arcadia housing.
SOAS Housing (Dinwiddy House)
- Flat-style accommodations of 5-7 people.
- Single bedrooms with bathrooms en suite (toilet, shower and sink).
- The flats provide a shared kitchen and dining area.
- Conveniently situated on Pentonville Road, near the King’s Cross Underground station.
- Located roughly a twenty minute walk from the main Russell Square campus of SOAS.
- Adjacent to the Vernon Square campus.
- Telephone and internet access is available. Students may need to pay an activation fee directly to the university in order to use this service.
- Laundry facilities, a games room, and a common room are also located on site.
- Linens are not provided by SOAS.
- Cooking utensils, crockery and tableware are also not provided by SOAS.
- For best value, Arcadia recommends that students purchase any required linens or towels after arrival in London.
- Further information about Dinwiddy House can be found on the following site: http://www.smsstudent.co.uk/dinwiddyhouse.asp
- All housing is self-catered.
- No meal plans are available.
- Full kitchens are available in all flats.
- Kitchens are equipped with cooktops, ovens, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers.
- There are many restaurants, supermarkets and local markets in the local area.
Arcadia University College of Global Studies Student Housing
Students housed in Arcadia Housing may be charged a supplemental housing fee; see http://www.arcadia.edu/abroad/fees for details.
- Students live amongst other Arcadia students taking part in London-area programs.
- Students will be placed in one of four residences: Thoresby House, Palace Court, Redcliffe Gardens and Westburn Place.
Housing Between Terms
- Housing is included for the entire program, including any breaks or holidays that fall between the starting and ending dates.
- Only full year students are eligible for housing over the winter break.
- Each student will be responsible for making arrangements with the accommodations officer and for paying the appropriate fees, if necessary. If fees are required, students should submit receipts to Arcadia's London Office for reimbursement.
- Students may be asked to change rooms over long breaks.
- If students do not wish to remain in residence over the term breaks, they may be asked to store their belongings. Storage areas will be made available.