University of Manchester
Return to England Housing Information Page
Housing Preference Form
Please complete the online housing form on your Arcadia Passport. Contact The College of Global Studies at 866-927-2234 if you have any questions about housing options or housing fees.
The University of Manchester guarantees you accommodation in university housing. University regulations require that you contract to remain in your assigned housing for the full duration of your program.
The main types of housing can be split into two broad categories. These are catered and self-catering residences. Outlined below are the benefits that each category can broadly offer students.
Catered Halls of Residence
- Meals included.
- Typically have small shared kitchens for the preparation of drinks, light meals and snacks.
- Some catered residences have very informal meal arrangements and some consider meal times as more of a social event for their residents.
- Some catered residences have a collegiate atmosphere with smaller close-knit communities and an emphasis on student participation in Hall life.
Self-Catering Halls of Residence
- Greater reliance on providing for yourself - preparing meals and organizing a food budget.
- Residents typically grouped in shared flats or corridors.
- Communal lounges and communal kitchens with ample cupboard space, cookers, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers. Some have televisions.
The majority of rooms are single rooms typically containing a bed, desk, chair, wardrobe and shelves. Some halls also provide bed linen. These rooms provide you with your own private space for living and studying.