Student Travel Information New Zealand
Understanding Your Options
Arcadia University attempts to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. All students are responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flight.
Additionally, all students are required to in be attendance for the beginning of their Arcadia orientation, which coincides with the posted program arrival date.
In order to connect you with Arcadia in-country staff on the program arrival date, you will need to be aware of the arrival instructions below. If you have any questions about booking your overseas travel, please contact Arcadia’s Logistics Manager, Rich Conroy, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Arrivals: Arcadia has organized a Group Flight for all New Zealand programs. Group flights are met by the Arcadia in-country staff and students will be provided transportation to either their orientation venue or program site.
Meeting Up with Staff: Please refer to the "What to Expect when I Arrive" section for the time and location of the Arcadia staff airport pick-up.
Joining Up with the Group: When available, students arriving just prior to the group flight arrival time are welcome to join the Arcadia staff airport pick-up.
Arriving Prior to Scheduled Arrival Date/ Arriving Late: Students arriving on an earlier date or later than the designated staff pick-up times on the scheduled arrival day will be responsible for their own transportation to the orientation venue or program.
Review Your Program Dates
Please visit the Arcadia program calendar page to review your scheduled arrival date before booking your travel.
What to Expect When I Arrive in New Zealand?
Fall/Spring Programs Arriving Flight Details
There is a group flight arranged for New Zealand students, departing from Los Angeles International Airport. This flight and domestic flights to LA can be booked through Student Universe (click the Student Universe link below).
For all students:
- Review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
- Complete the Online Flight Form.
- Note that, in the event that your flight is delayed, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- In certain instances, group flights are arranged with an additional flight after orientation to your program location. If choosing to book independently, students should refer to the group flight itinerary and for ease of travel we recommend you book the same internal domestic flight after orientation to your program destination.
If you opt to travel to New Zealand independently (not on the group flight), please keep the following in mind:
- It is important that you plan to either arrive before the group flight or at approximately the same time. Orientation officially begins at the orientation venue at 9:00am on the day of the group flight arrival. If you do not meet the group at the airport, you must ensure that you arrive at the venue for orientation by 9:00am.
- If you are in Auckland before the group arrival day, plan to meet the Arcadia staff at the orientation venue at 9:00am on the day of orientation. All transportation and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
- If you are arriving at approximately the same time as the group flight or a few hours before, plan to wait at the airport and catch a ride into town with Arcadia transport.
- Details about the orientation venue will be sent by email to students approximately two weeks prior to departure in a Travel Guide.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CANTERBURY, OTAGO & VICTORIA STUDENTS: Be sure to book the proper internal domestic flight that will take you to your program destination (Christchurch, Dunedin, or Wellington) after orientation. Even if you book independently, refer to the group flight itinerary at the Student Universe/Arcadia website for the domestic flight information for your program destination.
Booking Your Travel
- Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights, on suggested available flights or on individual student bookings.
- To book your travel, please visit the Student Universe/Arcadia website and choose your appropriate country and program.
Advantages of Working with Student Universe
High Level of Support
- Opportunity to consult with Arcadia staff and Student Universe agents familiar with our programs and destinations
- Knowledgeable check-in assistance at airport for large group departures
- 24/7 Call Center
- Low Student Airfare - Competitive group and individual rates
- Date Change Flexibility - Don’t get stuck with a unchangeable and non-refundable ticket from another booking website
- Limited Additional Fees - Arcadia & Student Universe partner to keep cost to a minimum
- Comprehensive Booking - Ability to book one ticket from departure to destination, limiting baggage hassles during connections
Send Us Your Travel Arrangements