England Arrival Information
No group flights are arranged for students studying in England, however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking your flight through our travel provider, Student Universe (click the link below.)
Arriving Flight Details
When booking your flight, please keep the following in mind:
*Attendance is mandatory for your local orientation in London.
- If you are interested in transportation provided by Arcadia, book a flight that arrives into London Heathrow prior to or no later than 11:00 am (GMT) on the scheduled arrival date* for your program. For most trans-Atlantic flights, this means that you will need to depart the US the evening before.
Please Note: Do not book a flight which connects through the Republic of Ireland. You will not be able to obtain proper immigration clearances if you travel to the United Kingdom through the Republic of Ireland. Failure to secure the proper passport stamp may affect your ability to remain in country for the duration of your time abroad.
- Students who arrive at London-Heathrow airport by 11:00 am on the scheduled arrival date of their program will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to their orientation accommodation. Transportation will depart at various times throughout the morning. Final Transportation will depart at 12:30 pm. If you are not able to meet the group by 12:30 pm on the arrival date, you will need to proceed to your orientation accommodation independently. Our staff will provide you with detailed arrival instructions for this purpose.
- You are expected to check into your orientation venue no later than 1pm regardless of how you travel into the city.
- Complete the Online Flight Form.
- Do not book a flight which connects through the Republic of Ireland. Passengers who travel to the United Kingdom through the Republic of Ireland do not receive the proper immigration clearance.
- Students studying for less than 6 months cannot arrive in the UK more than one week prior to your program start date. Tier 4 Student Visas and Student Visitor Visas are not valid before this time and you will not be able to enter the UK under the correct immigration status. If you plan to arrive in the UK more than one week prior to your program start date, you will need to leave the UK and re-enter within one week of the start date in order to obtain the correct visa stamp and immigration status. (You will not be able to travel to/from Ireland in order to obtain these.) Students studying for more than 6 months can arrive up to one month before their classes begins.)
- Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
- If you choose to arrive on an earlier date, accommodation arrangements will be your responsibility until the scheduled arrival date for your program. You will also be responsible for arranging your own transportation from the airport to central London and to the orientation accommodation on the official arrival date. If you arrive into the country early, you must meet up with the rest of the group at the orientation venue no later than 1:00 pm.
- In the event that your flight arrival is delayed past 11:00 am, or you do not arrive at London Heathrow airport on your scheduled arrival date, or if you miss the group transportation for any reason, you will need to proceed to your orientation accommodation independently. Our staff will provide you with detailed arrival instructions for this purpose.
- Once you have made your booking, you are required to complete the Online Flight Form.
Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights or on suggested available flights or individual fares on available flights.