Student Travel Information France
Understanding Your Options
Arcadia University attempts to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. All students are responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flight.
Additionally, all students are required to be in attendance for the beginning of their Arcadia orientation, which coincides with the posted program arrival date.
In order to connect you with Arcadia in-country staff on the program arrival date, you will need to be aware of the arrival instructions below. If you have any questions about booking your overseas travel, please contact Arcadia’s Logistics Manager, Rich Conroy, at email@example.com
Individual Travel: Arcadia in-country staff will be on hand at designated times on the program arrival date to assist students arriving independently.
Meeting Up with Staff: Please refer to the arrival details link below for the time and location of the Arcadia staff airport pick-up.
Arriving Prior to Scheduled Arrival Date/ Arriving Late: Students arriving on an earlier date or later than the designated staff pick-up times on the scheduled arrival day will be responsible for their own transportation to the orientation venue or program.
Review Your Program Dates
Please visit the Arcadia program calendar page to review your scheduled arrival date before booking your travel.
What to Expect When I Arrive in France?
Programs Arriving Flight Details: Fall, Spring, Academic Year, and Summer
There is no group flight arranged for Paris students; however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking this flight through our travel provider Student Universe (click the link below).
When booking your flight, please keep the following in mind:
1. Book a flight that arrives into Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport prior to, or no later than, 8:30am on the scheduled arrival date for your program. Arcadia’s in-country staff will be at the designated meeting point in Paris Charles de Gaulle to greet students and provide transportation to the orientation hotel on the scheduled arrival date. Detailed directions to the meeting point will be emailed to students approximately two weeks before the scheduled arrival date. Arcadia provided transportation will depart Charles de Gaulle promptly at 10:00am.
2. Students arriving after 8:30am (or before the program arrival date) will be responsible for their own transportation to the orientation hotel in Paris. Independent arrival instructions will be e-mailed to students approximately two weeks before the scheduled arrival date.
3. Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
1. In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive after the designated arrival time, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
2. If you plan to arrive prior to the scheduled arrival date listed on your program calendar, all transportation and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
3. Complete the Online Flight Form.
Booking Your Travel
- Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings.
- To book your travel, please visit the Student Universe/Arcadia website and choose your appropriate country and program.
Advantages of Working with Student Universe
High Level of Support
- Opportunity to consult with Arcadia staff and Student Universe agents familiar with our programs and destinations.
- Knowledgeable check-in assistance at airport for large group departures
- 24/7 Call Center
- Low Student Airfare - Competitive group and individual rates
- Date Change Flexibility - Don’t get stuck with a unchangeable & nonrefundable ticket from another booking website
- Limited Additional Fees - Arcadia & Student Universe partner to keep cost to a minimum
- Comprehensive Booking - Ability to book one ticket from departure to destination, limiting baggage hassles during connections
Send Us Your Travel Arrangements