Arcadia in Sicily
- Study 100 feet from the ancient sea walls of Syracuse, Sicily, in a 17th century palazzo.
- Immerse yourself in the study of Italian language and culture in the historic center of this legendary city.
- Earn credit at a renowned international institute with classes taught in English.
- Interact through weekly events with local students to hone your language skills, and gain an authentic sense of Mediterranean culture.
- Participate in exciting field-study excursions!
The Arcadia in Sicily Center (MCAS) offers a wide range of liberal arts study abroad courses, in semester, quarter and summer programs. All programs are combined with academic fieldtrips (included in the program fee and an integral part of the program in Sicily) that enable students to explore the diversity of the Mediterranean world from a unique perspective and experience the richly varied culture of this fascinating and mysterious island.
Semester and Summer programs are also available.
Spring Quarter Program in Mediterranean Studies (10 weeks)
The Spring Quarter program runs from March through June for a total of 10 weeks in Syracuse. All Quarter program students take the following courses, for a total of 13 credits:
- Italian Language & Culture Today
- Ancient Sicily: History & Art of the Ancient Mediterranean World
- Modern Sicily: History & Art of the Medieval & Modern Mediterranean World
- Contemporary Sicily: Mafia & Anti-Mafia, State & Society
- Mediterranean Landscapes
Spring Quarter program academic fieldtrips and site tours in Sicily.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit.
- Spring quarter: 13 credits.
GPA Requirements: 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation, and an advisor's form before Arcadia’s College of Global Studies will consider your application.
- Fall semester: April 20
- Spring semester: October 1