Graduate Study Abroad
Statement of Purpose
If you have not already done so as part of your application to study abroad, please write a statement of purpose. Please submit your statement of purpose electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Microsoft Word attachment. Your essay should be concise, between 500-700 words in length, and should answer the following questions.
- Why do you want to study abroad and what rationale has gone into selecting your program of choice?
- How will participating on this program contribute to both your educational and professional goals?
- Have you ever studied or traveled abroad before? How do you see this program complementing your previous or planned experiences abroad?
- Describe and experience in which you were in an unfamiliar environment or felt out of place. How did you handle the situation? How would you handle it differently now?
- What do you foresee as the greatest challenge during your graduate experience abroad? What do you plan to do in order to meet this challenge?
Statement of Purpose should be mailed to:
The College of Global Studies
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038-3295
Or e-mail to email@example.com.