Student Travel Information Germany
Understanding Your Options
Arcadia University attempts to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. All students are responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flight.
Additionally, all students are required to in be attendance for the beginning of their Arcadia orientation, which coincides with the posted program arrival date.
In order to connect you with Arcadia in-country staff on the program arrival date, you will need to be aware of the arrival instructions below. If you have any questions about booking your overseas travel, please contact Arcadia’s Logistics Manager, Rich Conroy, at email@example.com
Individual Travel: In-country staff will be on hand at designated times on the program arrival date to assist students arriving independently.
Meeting Up with Staff: Please refer to the "What to Expect When I Arrive" section for information about meeting up with staff.
Arriving Prior to Scheduled Arrival Date: Students arriving prior to the scheduled arrival day will be responsible for their own transportation to the orientation venue or program and accommodation until the program begins.
Review Your Program Dates
Please visit the Arcadia program calendar page to review your scheduled arrival date before booking your travel.
What to Expect When I Arrive in Germany?
- We suggest that you book a flight that arrives into the Frankfurt/Main, Cologne/Bonn or Dusseldorf Airports.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation by train or bus from your arrival airport to the University of Bonn’s International Office. Staff will wait for your arrival at the International Office and provide you with your orientation materials and schedule. You will receive more specific arrival information for each airport by email closer to the start of your program.
- You will be responsible for your transportation to the airport at the conclusion of your program.
- Departure Note: You will spend the last few days of the program in Berlin. At the end of the program you can choose to depart from Berlin. Alternatively, you will have transportation back to the city of Bonn, so you can depart from that area as well, although Berlin may be more convenient.
Booking Your Travel
- Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings.
- To book your travel, please visit the Student Universe/Arcadia website and choose your appropriate country and program.
Advantages of Working with Student Universe
High Level of Support
- Opportunity to consult with Arcadia staff and Student Universe agents familiar with our programs and destinations
- Knowledgeable check-in assistance at airport for large group departures
- 24/7 Call Center
- Low Student Airfare - Competitive group and individual rates
- Date Change Flexibility - Don’t get stuck with a unchangeable & nonrefundable ticket from another booking website
- Limited Additional Fees - Arcadia & Student Universe partner to keep cost to a minimum
- Comprehensive Booking - Ability to book one ticket from departure to destination, limiting baggage hassles during connections
Send Us Your Travel Arrangements