Arcadia in Rome
Course Registration Instructions
All courses will run with a minimum participation of 4 students. If you must have a class in order to participate in the Arcadia in Rome program, please be sure to specify on the form. Otherwise, indicate alternates. All students enrolled in courses taught by Università degli Studi Roma Tre professors must adhere to the university schedule as well as the Arcadia in Rome calendar.
How to Select Your Courses from the Online Listings
- Students must enroll in the core course and an Italian language course. Other course choices can be made from Arcadia in Rome offerings or select courses at Università degli Studi Roma Tre in English or Italian.
- Please visit the Rome Course page and choose the courses that meet your academic and personal interests, then complete the course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.
- You will be pre-registered for your selections only when the Course Registration Form is received by Arcadia. Be sure to return the form promptly as courses fill quickly, and it may not be possible to change your selections once courses are full.
- Credits - Courses, other than business and the core course, are worth 4 credits each. You will take a total of 14 – 18 credits for each semester.
- Field Study - Field study is tied to specific elective classes and syllabi. Your choice of classes will determine which experiences are included in your course fee. If you are not in a class, you may sign up for any available extra places at cost. All business studies classes participate in the same joint field study experience.
- On the course selection form, you will notice that Italian language, 4 credits, is listed first as this is a mandatory part of your academic program.
- Please fill in the Italian Language course you plan to take. Once you are in Italy, you will be given an Italian language placement test to confirm your level. For more intensive language study, you may choose to take a second class in Italian language.
If you are an academic year student, be sure to select courses for both Fall and Spring terms on this form.
Making Sure Your Credits Will Transfer Back
It is your responsibility to make sure that you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school and that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit to your home school. While every effort will be made to accommodate your course selections, Arcadia University does not guarantee placement in any course. You will formally register for courses during orientation.
We suggest that you secure approval for at least 6-10 courses per semester. Make sure to list alternate courses. List your choices and alternates in order of interest. Your first choices may not be available due to schedule changes, time conflicts or cancellations. Flexibility is very important. If you mandate certain courses that might be unavailable or inappropriate, you may limit your chances of admission, even though you meet the program’s overall academic requirements.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call Chris Callas, your program manager, at 1-866-927-2234, or email email@example.com.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.