Mexico Housing Information
Absolutely Essential Information
Please read this information first.
As a participant on an Arcadia University program, you are guaranteed housing. Your program fee includes accommodation, but does not include costs for meals or meal plans.
Arcadia University’s priority is to accommodate you in a place that will support your studies and enable you to experience the local culture. Whenever possible, Arcadia attempts to accommodate you with local students. Accommodation is selected by Arcadia University based on these factors, in addition to considering safety, security and cost. For these reasons, Arcadia reserves the right to alter or change accommodation options at any time.
To indicate your housing preferences, submit them using your Arcadia Passport. Before completing this form, you should review the information below as well as the Arcadia University Housing Policy located in the Student Handbook, and any individual accommodation venue websites.
Students are welcome to submit one roommate request; however, requests must be mutual and in writing. While we will work to honor your housing preferences and roommate requests, specific assignments cannot be guaranteed.
In order to consider your preferences, Arcadia must receive your Housing Preferences by the housing deadline. If they are not received before the housing deadline, you will automatically be assigned to available program accommodation.
If you require accommodations for any special needs – including dietary, medical or physical – be certain to indicate this in your Housing Preferences. Any information will be treated as confidential and will only be shared with those individuals involved in your housing placement.
Very Important Additional Points
- Every room is different and unique and while Arcadia ensures that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, distance from your university, furnishings or facilities.
- Individual space, personal comfort, and social norms play a different role in Mexico than in the United States.
- Internet access will vary depending upon your housing venue.
- Arcadia will provide each student with a pillow and a duvet; you will be responsible for your own bed linens. As packing space is limited, bringing these materials is not recommended. The Arcadia staff will be able to direct you where these can be purchased.
- Arcadia cannot guarantee non-smoking arrangements; students with serious health concerns should notify Arcadia University during the application process and indicate any space needs on their housing preference form.
- Arcadia reserves the right to alter or change accommodation options at any time should circumstances warrant.
Program-Specific Housing Information
While in Puebla, students will reside in university housing, where they will be responsible for their own meals. During the service learning component, students will reside with local host families, taking part in family routines, and assisting with day-to-day chores. The service learning component includes some meals. Housing and some meals are included on the field-study excursions to Mexico City and Veracruz.