St. Mary's University
Course Registration Instructions
As a participant on an Arcadia University program, you will be required to maintain a full courseload. At St. Mary's, this is considered 15-18 semester hours of credit during each semester.
- Make sure to list at least one alternate course for every course you select.
- List your choices and alternates in order of preference.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit to your home school
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
Every effort will be made to place you in the courses you originally request. However, neither St. Mary’s nor The College of Global Studies can guarantee placement in any course. Your first choices may not be available due to schedule changes, time conflicts or cancellations. Alternate course approval and flexibility is extremely important.
- The St. Mary’s academic year is divided into two 13-week semesters. The spring semester has a 4-week examination period which extends until the end of May.
- Students applying through The College of Global Studies may enroll for the fall or spring semester, or the full academic year.
To View Course Offerings
St. Mary’s courses available to study abroad students are described on the university's website.
Other Important Points
- Arcadia University does not issue pass/fail grades for work completed overseas. Please contact your program manager if you have any questions about this.
- 15 St. Mary's credits are equivalent to 4 US credits. 20 St. Mary's credits are equivalent to 5 US credits.
- St. Mary's strongly advises students to enroll in 60 St. Mary's credits per semester. This is the standard course load at St. Mary's.
- In the British education system, students attend university for three years and only enroll in courses directly related to their degree. It is important to consider this and also to review any pre-requisite information if you intend to enroll in any second- or third-year courses.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call Michelle Kasmauskis, your program manager, at 1-866-927-2234, or email email@example.com.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.