Vatican Internship Program
in cooperation with The College of Global Studies
- Get exclusive looks inside the Vatican, while you live, study, and work in the heart of Rome!
- The Vatican Experience blends work at an internship site with enrollment in Arcadia University Center for Italian Studies courses in partnership with the Università degli Studi Roma Tre.
- An exclusive opportunity for Villanova University students in the Communication and Computer Science departments.
- Internships for Communication majors interested in Media Production, Public Relations and Journalism.
- Internships for Computer Science majors interested in all aspects of software development including web-based programming, back-end systems, and database and data mining.
- Classes in all areas of study from ancient archaeology to contemporary business.
This program is offered in conjunction with the Communication and Computing Sciences Departments at Villanova University.
The Arcadia University Center for Italian Studies (AUCIS) was established in direct collaboration with one of Rome’s most dynamic and innovative universities, Università degli Studi Roma Tre.
In addition to completion of the internship, Villanova University students will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with the university and general community. All courses are taught in classrooms of Università degli Studi Roma Tre, and many will have both Arcadia and university students taking them.
Specific internships placements will be arranged by the Villanova University faculty advisors representing Communication and Computing Science students. In the past, students have worked at the Vatican Internet Office, Catholic News Services, the Pontifical Council for Social Communication, and Vatican Radio.
All Villanova University Vatican interns will, in addition, take the following courses:
The co-curricular program in Rome is designed to engage all students in the community in a variety of enriching activities and experiences, with the possibility of earning a Co-Curricular Learning Certificate. Options vary by semester and may include:
- The United Nations in Rome
- Life of the Mind Series Excursion
- Food and Culture
- Sports, Culture and Context
- Theater Assistant
Please contact the Office of International Studies for complete fee information.
- Fall and spring semester: 15-19 credits.
GPA Requirement: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation, and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
Your transcript will be issued by Arcadia University.
Passport and Visa
If you do not have a passport, you must begin applying for one immediately. Your passport must be valid for six months from the end of your program, otherwise you will need to renew your passport.
You will need to apply for student visa for this program. You can learn more about the visa process here.
Please contact Chris Callas in The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234, or firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions, or contact Lance Kenney, Director of International Studies, Villanova University, email@example.com. Phone: 610-519-6412.