Arcadia in Istanbul
Kadir Has University
Course Registration Instructions
How to Select Your Courses from the Online Listings
- Students are enrolled in the Arcadia 4-credit core course that includes two field study experiences (3-4 days) in Ephesus and Cappadocia, at no extra charge. Other course choices can be made from a wide variety of courses offered at Kadir Has University.
- Please visit the Arcadia in Istanbul Course Page and choose the courses that meet your academic and personal interests, and then complete the course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.
- Students are only permitted to enroll in one 100-level course with home school approval; the remainder are selected from 200-, 300- and 400-level offerings. Odd-numbered courses are taught in fall, even-numbered courses are taught in spring.
- Please note the instruction language of your course selections; most courses are taught in English. You may select courses in different faculties. Only courses in the Faculty of Law are not available.
- Students proficient in Turkish language may enroll in courses taught in Turkish.
- You will be pre-registered for your selections only when the Course Registration is received by Arcadia.
- Be sure to submit the form promptly as courses fill quickly, and it may not be possible to change your selections once courses are full.
- Credits – You will take a total of 16–19 credits for each semester.
- If you are an academic year student, be sure to select courses for both Fall and Spring terms on this form.
Making Sure Your Credits Will Transfer Back
It is your responsibility to make sure that you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school and that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit to your home school. While every effort will be made to accommodate your course selections, Arcadia University does not guarantee placement in any course. You will formally register for courses during orientation.
We suggest that you secure approval for at least 6-10 courses per semester. Make sure to list alternate courses. List your choices and alternates in order of interest. Your first choices may not be available due to schedule changes, time conflicts or cancellations. Flexibility is very important. If you mandate certain courses that might be unavailable or inappropriate, you may limit your chances of admission, even though you meet the program’s overall academic requirements.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call Chris Callas, your program manager, at 1-866-927-2234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.