Summer Study Abroad in Australia and New Zealand Field Studies Program

Environmental Studies: Ethics, Culture and Sustainability
Visa Information

If you ARE a U.S. citizen

You will need to apply for a Tourist Visa; specifically, the ETA (Visitor) Visa. You will apply for an ETA (Visitor) visa through the Australian Government’s Electronic Travel Authority System ( Please be sure to indicate that you are traveling to Australia as a Tourist (not as a Business Visitor).

New Zealand:
You will not need a Visitor Visa for your stay in New Zealand, as you will be visiting for less than 90 days.

If you are NOT a U.S. citizen

Australia and New Zealand:
You may need to complete a different Visitor Visa application. Please contact Arcadia University as additional steps may need to be taken to secure your visa. As this may be a time consuming process, be sure to contact the Program Manager staff for further information at 1-866-927-2234.