About Lancaster University
A full-time course load generally includes three to five courses. You can choose courses from among several departments or concentrate in a single academic field. Each department assigns an academic advisor for study abroad students to help ease your academic transition and advise on your studies.
Lancaster University runs a pre-sessional program suitable for Arcadia study abroad students. The International Summer Programme (British Culture, Language and Society 1800 – present) is worth 4 semester credits and provides an opportunity to learn about the history and culture of the UK.
During your time at Lancaster University, you'll be housed in award winning accommodation in one of the eight university residential Colleges, each one offering leisure and social activities, and a network of welfare support. The collegiate system helps you to find your feet and settle into your studies and social life, as well as enjoying a strong sense of community.
Rooms are single study bedrooms, and the majority of students prepare their own meals in shared kitchens. When you don't feel like cooking, you'll find a wide variety of inexpensive dining halls, cafeterias, and snack bars on campus.
Arcadia University guarantees your accommodation and will advise you when it is time to apply.
The campus is a safe and supportive place to live, where you will find everything you need for your social life and your academic studies:
- Grocery stores, bakery, travel agency, banks, health centre, pharmacy, dentist and post office, as well as many cafe bars, dining spaces and take away food outlets;
- A student-run cinema and performances by students and professionals in the Great Hall and Nuffield Theatre;
- Regular social events in your residential College such as quiz nights, weekend outings and end of year parties;
- Learning resources including the Library (open 24/7 with specialised subject Librarians, an extensive stock of books and journals, and an inter library loan facility) and the 24 hour Learning Zone for individual or group study;
- £20 million Sports Centre offering indoor fitness opportunities (dance floor, health suite, swimming pool, climbing wall and gym) and outdoor sports facilities;
- The Chaplaincy Centre, a peaceful haven for everybody, regardless of religion or faith.
The Students’ Union underpins student life at Lancaster. There are over 200 different groups, including sports clubs and diverse societies including aikido, hiking, history, music, trampolining, Harry Potter and Intervol. Check out what’s on offer.