Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
Course Registration Instructions
Academic Year = 30 semester hour credits
Fall term = 12 semester hour credits
Spring semester = 15 semester hour credits
Areas of Concentration
- The RCS does not offer courses in the traditional sense but students study in a three year specialized program in their discipline. The majority of students spend 26 to 32 hours per week in classes and workshops. Certainly performances are part of the program as well.
- For International Students, RCS offers the opportunity to enrol in one semester or year of this program. You will apply to a specific department, such as Acting, Music, etc., and RCS will review your application and DVD for admittance into that department.
- Upon acceptance, you will be assigned a focus area and year of study, and you will have the opportunity to choose from classes within that particular area as well as maybe add a class or two from another area.
You may apply to the following departments at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland:
On the departments’ websites you will get a good overview of the program and you can find at specific information on what you would be doing depending on the discipline you choose and year you are placed in (see tabs on top of page).
Making Your Course Selections
Submit the online course registration form to the Arcadia University College of Global Studies through your Arcadia Passport.
List your department choices and alternates in order of preference (i.e. Acting, Musical Theatre, etc.). Enter "RCSXXXX" as the course code for all areas.
You will register for your specific course options after acceptance.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Registering for a full academic load.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.