Arcadia in Barcelona, Arrival Information
Programs Arriving Flight Details: Fall
There is no group flight arranged for Barcelona students; however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking this flight through our travel provider Student Universe.
When booking your flight, please keep the following in mind:
- Book a flight that arrives into Barcelona (BCN) prior to, or no later than, 12:00pm on the scheduled arrival date for your program. Arcadia’s in-country staff will be at the Barcelona International Airport Arrivals in Terminal 1 to greet students and facilitate transportation to the orientation hotel on the scheduled arrival date from 12:00pm – 1:00pm.
If your flight arrives at a much earlier time than the designated pick-up time, you may wish to either sit at a café in the terminal and wait for Arcadia staff or make your way to the orientation hotel (address and directions provided in Travel Guide to be sent a couple of weeks before your departure date).
- Students arriving after 12:00pm will be responsible for their own transportation to the orientation hotel in Barcelona. Just like for students who arrive early and want to travel independently to the orientation hotel, please look for the address and arrival instructions in the Travel Guide mentioned above.
- Regardless of arriving early, late or during the designated Arcadia pick-up time window, it is the responsibility of every student to be at the hotel lobby by 5:30pm on the scheduled arrival date of the program in order to attend the mandatory orientation. Please don't forget that Arcadia requires you to notify us about independent travel plans by emailing and making sure you include this in the Online Flight Form.
- Please also note that the hotel’s official check-in time is 3:00pm and afterwards. As a result of the hotel’s policy, students arriving earlier than this check-in time should be aware that rooms might not be available until after 3:00pm.
- For reference, program housing can only be accessed during the program dates, never before or afterwards.
- Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase (e.g. date/flight changes, baggage allowance, etc.). Any related questions should be addressed directly to your airline, agent or Student Universe. While Arcadia cannot make or amend travel arrangements, you are always welcome to address concerns to our Logistics Support Manager, Rich Conroy.
In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive after the designated arrival time, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
If you plan to arrive prior to the scheduled arrival date listed on your program calendar, all transportation and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
- Once you have made your booking, you are required to complete the Online Flight Form.
Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights or on suggested available flights.