Arcadia Freshman Fall in London
As a January admit to Hamilton College, you have the opportunity to spend a semester at the Arcadia London Study Center, adding an international component to your undergraduate studies! You will study at the London Study Center located in the Bloomsbury area of London alongside other "Jans" from Hamilton and other students studying abroad. You will enroll in a minimum of five courses for a total of 18 credits, choosing from Arcadia University’s London NOW program offerings, which are Hamilton-approved. You'll also have the option of taking approved courses at City University; Queen Mary, University of London; or School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) to experience life on a British university campus.
Students who are not 18 until after September 15th will need to work with Arcadia to make special accommodations in order to attend this program.
- Hamilton students will receive an Arcadia University transcript. Credit earned on the Arcadia program will count towards your undergraduate degree at Hamilton College.
- Hamilton students will take a special 2-credit core course focused on their experiences in London.
- Arcadia's experienced, knowledgeable staff offer complete student support in both the U.S. and London.
- All Hamilton students will be housed in accommodation provided by Arcadia University.
Unique co-curricular opportunities include:
- An extensive orientation program (both prior to departure and in-country) designed to prepare students for their university experience and to provide them with the confidence to successfully navigate London.
- Excursions and activities in and around London. A weekend in the Scottish countryside, an adventure weekend in Wales, a night at Royal Albert Hall to watch the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra perform, or Victorian Christmas Festival are some examples of possible excursions. Also offered will be visits to museums, dance performances, sporting events, and movie nights, as well as weekend excursions around England at a subsidized rate.
Arcadia Co-Curricular Learning Certificate Program
- All students may participate in the Arcadia University Co-Curricular Learning Certificate Program.
- This is an opportunity to produce a reflective piece about your experiences outside of the classroom, with culture, sports, campus life, cuisine, art, or community engagement.
- The Arcadia London Study Center provides suggested themes; or you can devise your own experience.
- To earn a Certificate, submit a written reflection of at least 500 words, a video, a photomontage, or other creative reflective element to the London staff.
- Certificates are awarded along with your academic transcript.
Passport and Visa
If you do not have a passport, you must begin applying for one immediately. Your passport must be valid for six months from the end of your program, otherwise you will need to renew your passport.
All students will need to obtain a Student Visitor Visa upon entry into the UK. You will receive immigration documents from this process 2 weeks prior to your departure. More information is available here.
Please call Anna West, Program Manager, for further details about the Hamilton Arcadia First Year London Program at 1-866-927-2234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. At Hamilton College, please contact Benjamin Rose, Assistant Dean of Admission and coordinator of January Admission at 1-315-859-4059 or email email@example.com.