Arcadia London Summer Internship Program
- Spend a summer in one of the most exciting multicultural world capitals!
- Earn academic credit while working side-by-side with British professionals.
- You will have the opportunity to complete practical fieldwork while becoming fully immersed in the professional and cultural life of Great Britain.
There are three integral components to the program.
- Three day per week internship placement that our experienced intern coordinators will find to fit your own academic and professional objectives. You can expect to participate in significant projects that require resourcefulness, responsibility and a mature work ethic.
- Courses put your internship into an academic context.
- An academic project based on independent research and your workplace experience. This project is expected to be no fewer than 5,000 words, and will be directed and assessed by your academic supervisor. In the final week of the program, you will present and defend your project in an oral examination.
Placements are unpaid and finalized upon completing an interview once you arrive in London. Students have been placed with a range of employers including arts and philanthropic organizations, media and broadcasting companies, healthcare establishments, government offices, and large corporate enterprises. The employers and organizations we work with are eager to provide students with a substantial and meaningful experience.
You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Summer session: 6 credits
GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. A 3.5 GPA is required for finance and banking placements. A 3.2 GPA is required for Parliamentary internship placements.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
All internship applicants should submit the following documents in addition to the general application: a current résumé, an internship interest statement and an internship personal reference. These forms are available through your Arcadia Passport. If you are pursuing an internship in the fields of fine art, architecture, graphic design, journalism or interior design, you will need submit a non-returnable portfolio of your work.