Hospitality and Tourism Studies Semester in Mallorca, Spain
- Spend a semester studying Hospitality and Tourism on the beautiful Spanish island of Mallorca, where the world’s top hotel and resort companies operate and over 9 million tourists visit each year.
- Learn the business of high-end hospitality and world-class service delivery from international experts through exceptional academic and internship experiences both inside and outside the classroom.
- These unique internships and academic courses are designed to help you develop the knowledge and skills you need to excel in the international hospitality industry at the highest level.
Arcadia, in partnership with the Escola d'Hoteleria de les Illes Balears (EHIB), has created this unique program to help students of hospitality and tourism develop an understanding of a dynamic professional sector through diverse learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. Instruction is divided into two tracks: a Customized Program and a Direct Enrollment Program.
Customized Program: This includes your internship, which culminates in a capstone project. In addition, you will learn some technical Spanish, and take three Tourism/Hotel Management courses:
Direct Enrollment: This track is ideal for those students who are sufficiently proficient in Spanish and who may be interested in developing a career in a Spanish-speaking country or region, as well as many places in the U.S. where Spanish is spoken. Your program will include your internship and related capstone project (4 credits), and a choice of three of the EHIB courses.
- Fall: 16 credits
- Spring: 16 credits
- Fall: Early Sept. - mid-Dec.
- Spring (Direct Enrollment): Early Feb. - end of June
- Spring (Customized Program): Early Feb - end of May
GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. All students must submit a letter of purpose expressing their particular interests relating to the field (food and beverage, HR, tourism planning, PR, financial aspects) so as to best identify the target internship site.
- Fall: April 20
- Spring: October 1