Hospitality and Tourism Studies Semester in Mallorca, Spain
- Spend a semester studying Hospitality and Tourism on the beautiful Spanish island of Mallorca, where the world’s top hotel and resort companies host over 9 million tourists each year.
- Learn the business of high-end hospitality and world-class service from international experts through exceptional academic and internship placement experiences.
- This unique internship is designed to help you develop the knowledge, skills, and experience you need to excel in the international hospitality industry.
Arcadia University, in partnership with the Escola d'Hoteleria de les Illes Balears (EHIB), has created this unique internship to help hospitality and tourism students develop an understanding of this dynamic professional sector through diverse learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. Instruction is divided into two tracks: a Customized Program or a Direct Enrollment Program.
Customized Program: This track includes your internship course, which culminates in a capstone project; a Spanish language course tailored to the industry; and three Tourism/Hotel Management courses::
Direct Enrollment Program: This track is designed for those students who are sufficiently proficient in Spanish and may be interested in pursuing a career in a Spanish-speaking country or region, as well as many places in the U.S. where Spanish is spoken. Your program will include the Internship Course (Practice and Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Management) (4 credits), and a choice of three of the EHIB courses (4 credits each) taught in Spanish alongside Spanish students.
- Fall: 16 credits
- Spring: 16 credits
- Fall: Early Sept. - mid-Dec.
- Spring (Direct Enrollment): Early Feb. - end of June
- Spring (Customized Program): Early Feb - end of May
GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. All students must submit a letter of purpose expressing their particular interests relating to the field (food and beverage, HR, tourism planning, PR, financial aspects) so as to best identify the target internship site.
- Fall: April 20
- Spring: October 1