Arcadia in Rome
Arcadia University Center for Italian Studies (AUCIS)
- Study abroad at the Arcadia University Center for Italian Studies in partnership with the Università degli Studi Roma Tre.
- Office and classrooms are located on the urban campus of Rome's most dynamic university.
- Innovative academic program of courses are taught in English and Italian by expert faculty and are offered by AUCIS and Università degli Studi Roma Tre.
- You will experience field study travels to off-the-beaten track areas of Italy.
- Business and Engineering concentrations are available.
- A summer program is also available.
The Arcadia University Center for Italian Studies (AUCIS) was established in direct collaboration with one of Rome’s most dynamic and innovative universities, Università degli Studi Roma Tre. American students will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with the university and general community. All courses are taught in classrooms of Università degli Studi Roma Tre, and many will have both Arcadia and university students taking them.
The cornerstone of the AUCIS program is the core course, "At Home in Rome: Modern Life in the Eternal City," bringing all students together to learn about Rome, Italy and themselves. All program courses with the exception of this core course and business courses carry 4 semester hours of credit. The core course and business courses are worth 3 credits. In addition, all students enroll in a 4-credit required Italian language component.
Most courses include an embedded capstone project, field trips to relevant sites of interest, and academic activities. View available courses.
In addition to courses at AUCIS, students have the opportunity to take courses at the Università degli Studi Roma Tre. Although the majority of the courses are taught in Italian, some are in English. Students have open access to the courses taught in English, and will need to have tested knowledge of Italian (at least a level of Italian equal to the European Framework's level B1) to take the courses taught in Italian. Università degli Studi Roma Tre offers a wide range of courses in many disciplines.
Business Concentration in Rome
In response to numerous requests for a program abroad which would serve international business students, Arcadia has developed a business concentration in partnership with Università degli Studi Roma Tre. Learn more.
Engineering Concentration in Rome
The fascinating city of Rome is an extraordinary engineering masterpiece, both historically and in modern times, serving as an inspirational and innovative location for students in this discipline. The program focuses on civil and mechanical engineering and allows students the opportunity to study their areas of interest alongside Italian students. Learn more.
The co-curricular program in Rome is designed to engage all students in the community in a variety of enriching activities and experiences, with the possibility of earning a Co-Curricular Learning Certificate. Options vary by semester and may include:
- The United Nations in Rome
- Life of the Mind Series Excursion
- Food and Culture
- Sports, Culture and Context
- Theater Assistant
- Fall and spring semester: 14-18 credits.
- Academic year: 28-36 credits.
GPA Requirement: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall and Full Year: April 20
- Spring: October 1