Study Abroad at Swansea University
- Swansea University is a world-class research-led university located on the scenic southwest coast of Wales, close to the Gower Peninsula.
- Students will study in a wonderful seaside environment with a flexible and comprehensive academic program.
- This modern, compact University offers over 300 areas of study, and is within easy reach of the city of Swansea.
All fall students are required to enroll in a special pre-session program that focuses on contemporary British politics, culture, and society. Through lectures, seminars, contemporary texts, and films, you'll explore the forces that have influenced British society since 1945. Field-study trips may include visits to the Museum of Welsh Life; Cardiff, the capital of Wales; Cardiff Castle; Big Pit; the Gower Peninsula; and the wonderful historic town of Bath, all of which will help to illuminate your studies. You will be required to complete a 1,500-word paper or examination when the course ends.
With over 15,500 students and a short distance from the city of Swansea, students can take advantage of a university that is large enough to provide a wide variety of resources, but one that intentionally retains a strong community feel.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit.
- Fall semester: 14.5 credits.
- Spring semester: 15-18 credits.
- Academic year: 32.5 credits.
GPA Requirements: 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: April 20
- Spring semester: October 15
- Academic year: April 20