Arcadia Sydney Semester Internship Program
- Complete an internship in Sydney, one of the world's most exciting cities.
- Earn academic credit, improve practical skills and enhance your professional knowledge.
- Undertake a placement in one of Sydney's leading public institutions or commercial enterprises.
- Summer internship option is also available.
The program combines coursework with a three day a week unpaid internship, and an eight day trip to the Kimberley in Northwest Australia. Your courses will be with other program participants, providing a learning community framework and an American perspective on your experience.
Students on the Sydney Internship program work in a variety of organizations. Instead of trying to fit you into a pre-existing internship placement, our experienced staff looks at your academic and professional background as well as your own learning objectives to find the right placement. In the past, we have had interns in fields including marketing, finance, politics, social welfare, public policy, journalism, communications, humanities, and visual, fine and graphic arts.
All interns will complete three, set Arcadia University courses. In addition, students enroll in one course of their choosing at the University of Sydney. You will earn the following hours of credit.
- Fall and spring semester: 16 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation an advisor's form, resume and a detailed statement of internship interest before your application will be considered.
- Fall: March 15
- Spring: November 15